Friday, June 29, 2007

LuLu of a time at #19

I ventured into the BOOK site. You know I am surrounded by books all the time, so why not more book info. Books can be such fascinating creatures.

The name of this particular site caught my eye - "LuLu" - because I liked the "Little LuLu" comics as a youngster - which I still am.

This site was about publishing your own - book, cd, dvd, audiobook or other forms of media. Gave me some idea of what I might possibly attempt in the future. And I blame all the bubbling permutation of the brain on the bald geek and bookchickjen.

What I liked most about the site was:



Yahoo! Avatars

- that it was rated

-had a link

- gave options about what you could do within the site

- could do a tour before deciding to sign up

- use of drop down menu

- walked you through the various options within the product

- let you know the costs
involved up front

The useful features included

- variety of formats

- program would make adjustments as needed if not sure of size etc.

- the process of how to publish was in several formats

- listed FAQ in a side bar on each page of the different formats

http://www.lulu.com/

In a library setting it could possibly be used to have some of those items you can't get because they are out of print, but we still have a demand for, printed

No comments: